Judith Bond Cakes (“we”, “us”, or “our”) is a sole trader with registered office at Bluebell Cottage, 13 Old Road, Great Orme, Llandudno, LL30 2QQ
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us will be processed by us when you:
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations, we are the data controller and you are the data subject. We can be contacted directly at email@example.com
1 WHAT DATA DO WE COLLECT?
- Your personal data (information which identifies you) will typically include your name, address, telephone numbers and email.
2 WHY IS YOUR DATA BEING COLLECTED?
- We have a “legitimate interest” to collect your personal data for the purpose of communicating with you and sending you occasional newsletters, and a “implied contract” for delivering cake orders to your home or other venue.
3 HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR DATA?
- Your data will be collected directly from you, the data subject, via a number of routes including the website Enquiry Form, website cookies, social media messaging, direct email, telephone or 1-1 conversation.
- We undertake to collect your data only for specific, legitimate, relevant and necessary purposes.
4 HOW DO WE PROCESS AND STORE YOUR DATA?
- We will process your data lawfully and securely in our various electronic and paper filing systems.
- We will make our best efforts to store your date accurately and keep it up to date with an annual review.
- We will not keep your data any longer than is necessary, and certainly no longer than 10 years.
5 WHO WILL WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH?
- If you are a client, your data will only be shared with our accountant. Foremans LLP, Chester, and our Web Manager, Indever, Colwyn Bay – who are both fully compliant with GDPR – for the purposes of end of year tax returns, and web site management.
- We use MailChimp to handle our occasional newsletter and their data is stored in the USA.
- We use social media platforms to engage with our clients and their data is stored in the USA.
6 WHAT ARE YOUR DATA RIGHTS?
- Right of access. If you wish to access your data that we hold, you should email or write to us and we will be expedite this within 30 days.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to require us to rectify any inaccurate information we hold about you. You should email or write to us and we will rectify this within 30 days.
- Right to erasure. If you wish to permanently erase your data that we hold, you should email or write to us, withdrawing your consent, and we will expedite this within 30 days.
- If you are unhappy with the way we are managing your personal data, please write to us at the address above and we will reply within 28 days. If you are still unhappy, you have the right to raise a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
A little word about Cookies (not the kind you can eat!)
A Cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain basic information that is passed back to the company either directly or indirectly. Information collected helps us to improve our Websites. Cookies are used by web servers to identify and track visitors as they navigate through different pages on a website, and they identify users returning to a website they have previously visited. We may collect information about you via Cookies however the information collected relates to your visit, and includes information such as what browser you have used, how long you remain on our website and other non-personally identifiable information.
We may use the information we obtain from Cookies for the following purposes:
- To recognise repeat visitors.
- To improve the websites usability and functionality.
- To analyse the use of our website.
- To help with administration of the site.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about the website using Cookies. Google will store this information.