FAVOURITE TOP TEN | VOL 4 (AND WIN A BUSY B THERMAL CUP)
Spring has finally sprung, they’re playing the blues in my favourite coffee house so it must be time for our top ten joy bringers. All ready –
If you read all the way down, there’s a big surprise at the end. Yay.
Here’s our Top 10
- How do you sleep? If you struggle with neck or back pain, or are a migraine sufferer, we recommend getting a Memory Foam pillow. There’s lots of different versions out there so find one that suits you. Sweet dreams.
- Who loves a hot bath? But have you tried it with Epsom Salts? Apparently one of the triggers for migraines is magnesium deficiency and as it’s really hard to get your RDA through food, epson salts can help you absorb it through the skin – whilst relaxing in a hot bath. It’s also great therapy for aching muscles. What could be better?
- Beaton Tearooms is a little gem. It’s hidden away by the side of Chester Cathedral. I discovered it last summer on a photography walk and have been a fan ever since. It’s peaceful, pink and they serve the best fresh waffles with maple syrup for an indulgent brunch.
- When we started watching Keeping Faith on i-player we had no idea how gripping it would be. Congratulations to BBC Wales on a completely stunning piece of drama. Keeping Faith was completely mesmerising. What a brilliant performance Eve Myles. So set aside a day, get the snacks in and prepare to be dazzled.
- We’re all a ga-ga with the Chelsea Flower Show. Wasn’t it just dreamy? If you need your pretty flower fix, we suggest you follow Georgianna Lane. She lives between Paris, London and the US and her floral images are just delightful.
- It would be rude to think about baking without a classic Mason Cash mixing bowl, but have you tried our tutorial for pretty spring decorated cupcakes – they’ll be the talk of your party, we promise!
- If you want to know about beauty and lifestyle, Jodie Melissa is your girl. I discovered her by accident when she hired a cake stand from me last month for her gorgeous spring wedding. Since then she’s had a dream honeymoon in Mexico and moved from North Wales to the other side of the country. But her blog is ace. She covers beauty and lifestyle and is just the loveliest lady ever. Go on, give her a follow. She’s on all the usual channels.
- Have you heard what’s happening at Nathalie Bond Organics? They’re refreshed their product range and added in a few new corkers. Our favourite is the Revive collection – Peppermint and Eucalyptus. But you could choose Bloom, Sunshine, Unwind, Glow, or Gentle. Something for all skin types and tastes. And they’ve just been awarded the Soil Association Organic Certification. If you don’t mind the old packaging, there’s some bargains to be had in the sale
- Oh my goodness. If you want an instagram masterclass, look no further than the pink wonderland that is Martha Brook London. Founded by Martha, her Instagram husband and sweet baby Hermione, they have a joyous team of pink ladies who make me smile on IG Stories almost every day. And their products – well, you have to look at their gorgeous website for yourself. Personalised stationery at it’s best. I ordered a soft pink notebook personalised a few weeks back and I can’t bear to write in it!
- And finally, no list would be complete without the latest goodness from Busy B. This month we’re loving their Thermal Cup. In fact, we have so much love that we’re giving one away. You can find out all about it on our recent review. It’s stylish, ocean friendly, and big enough for a large latte. To win, we’d just like you to tell us in the blog comments where would be your favourite place to take this amazing thermal cup. Anywhere in the world, it’s up to you. We’ll pick a winner on Monday 4 June, and tell you our favourite place to drink coffee.